Albert is a brand new launcher for Linux.
Written in Qt5/C++, Albert can run on many desktop environments. Current features include:
- Launch applications
- Open files
- Open Chromium bookmarks (Firefox to be supported)
- Calculate mathematical expressions
- Search the web
- Configurable modules: add/remove web searches, configure which files it should index, etc.
- Supports fuzzy search (not enabled by default – it can be enabled individually for each module)
- Modify the actions taken by pressing the modifier keys
- Configurable settings: hotkey, maximum history, maximum number of proposals, subtext for selected/unselected item, etc.
- Themable: ships with 3 themes by default
To install Albert in ArchLinux just type:
yaourt -S albert
To install Albert in Ubuntu or Linux Mint, you can use the main WebUpd8 PPA. Add the PPA and install Albert by using the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt update
sudo apt install albert